Gold Country Fairgrounds, Auburn, CA
On Saturday, August 27, 2011, Recology volunteers took on the challenge to Recologize the Gold Country Fairgrounds in Auburn, CA in light of the Fair's opening day in September.
Thanks to the hard work and the commitment of 85 volunteers, the Fairgrounds were improved in several ways:
- Three concessions stands, one gazebo, and the miniature firehouse were cleaned, prepped and painted using recycled paint from Recology San Francisco;
- Four hand rails and five light poles were painted using low VOC paint;
- Over 200 donated flowers and plants were trimmed, weeded and planted using compost and colored bark from Recology Grover Environmental Products;
- One large retaining wall was built using recycled wood and other material found at the Gold Country Fairgrounds;
- All concrete walls and cement flooring were pressure washed within the Main Stage and concession stands; and The Gold Country Court shade cover and presenting banner were replaced to commemorate the facility's restoration.